South Dakota Chapter
About the Chapter
Our Mission: Providing safe, child-focused settings that facilitate visitation and connections between children and the significant non-custodial adults in their lives.
With the opening of the first center over ten years ago, visitation services in South Dakota have continued to be a valuable resource for children, adults, and referral sources. Services are currently availalbe in most areas of the state, to ensure that all those in need of services have access to a safe setting. Last year a total of 10,288 hours of services were provided to 973 children and 1008 adults.
Membership is encouraged if you are and individual or agency that serves as a:
- Supervised Visitation Provider
- Custody Evalutator
- Child Welfare Professional
- Parents need support and a resource
- Children Deserve to be protected from abuse or the witness of abuse
- A resource is needed to provide opportunities for children to know their parents
- That the community and state should be concerned for children's safety
- That children are our future
- In families
- That prevention works
- Visitation Centers are a resource to prevent the re-victimization of children.